<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 11, 2008

REMEMBERING LES

Those of you who hang out with the same kinds of ne'er-do-wells I do (read: Folk and Bluegrass Musicians) more likely than not knew Les Preston, who with his wife Lou Ann played a goodly amount of bluegrass music across this great valley for years. Les died unexpectedly on Feb 3 at just 58. They suspect he had an aneurysm, which of course, you can't really see coming.

I saw Les and Lou Ann perform at a Borders bookstore not 48 hours prior and he looked and sounded great.

I played a gig with them in December at the Paisley Violin, and about a week later I was volunteering at Fiddler's Dream the night they played there, which happened to be their wedding anniversary. This video is from that evening and it shows Les (on guitar and singing) doing what he liked to do and doing it well!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/paradise/2992494561

If you knew Les, there's going to be a memorial service and Jam this Saturday from 4-6 p.m. at Deer Valley Light and Life Church,
15220 N 39th Avenue, on the SW corner of 39th Avenue and Greenway.

------

I have THREE gigs this week:

On Valentine's Day, I will be at Chyro Arts Venue, 1330 N. Scottsdale Road, to participate in something called the Valentine's Day Massicree! Info: http://www.anthology.org/Events/Event_ValentinesDM.html

Then on Friday, I am at Alwun House for one of my favorite regular gigs, the Erotic Poetry and Music Festivus! http://www.alwunhouse.org

(On Saturday, I'm not playing, but I AM volunteering at Fiddler's Dream, where you will witness the musical stylings of Patricia Morrison, Matt Moran and Virginia Anders. Unless one of them DOESN'T show, in which case I'm stuck filling in.)

THEN, on Sunday I will be at Big Fish Pub with a bunch of other songwriters including Zach Hogstett (who put the evening together) and more. Big Fish is at 1954 E. University! Come to something!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?