<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 27, 2008

ELVIS HAS NOT LEFT THE CONVENIENCE STORE

I was in a Valero gas station the other day, buying a couple of bottles of water for work. Because I had taken advantage of buying one particular brand, I was given an extra bottle for free, plus a free package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

But these weren't just any Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but the "Collector's Edition" (I kid you not) ELVIS version.

What made them the Elvis version?

Well, his picture was on the wrapper. But these weren't normal Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, no sir. These were peanut butter cups that helped to commemorate what was probably the King's downfall, after all the drugs and self-loathing, of course:

PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA-FLAVORED Cups!

Well, if there was banana in there, it was artificial banana and the fake banana flavor was almost completely masked by the peanut butter.

Elvis would not be happy.

At least they're not FRIED.

Oddly enough, rapidly rising up my Netflix queue is the Elvis '68 comeback special. It's legendary for being what I guess you'd call "really something." And I missed it when it aired in '68, so 40 years later I'm gonna check it out, thank you ver' mush.

------

Speaking of stuff that's bad for you, the guy who invented the Egg McMuffin died. 89 years old. I wonder when was the last time HE had one of those things?

I can't remember the last time I ate at McDonald's. Once your kids stop asking for it, you should stop going there. And I have, apparently.

------

Our egg saga has ended; Claude's eggs were infertile. She just...laid eggs. And after a while, she got bored with them and pecked them open. Nothing there. So we STILL don't know if Trey's a boy or not.

------

STRANGEST, RAREST THINGS ON MY IPOD (SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT MY WHIM):

Christmas Boogie: The Chipmunks with Canned Heat, or is it Canned Heat with the Chipmunks?

Three songs from "An Evening with Wild Man Fischer"

Most of "Permanent Damage" by the GTOs

"Black Bear Road" by C.W. McCall

"Cholesterol Cabin" by Cub Koda

The entire acetate-only recording of "We're Only In It for the Money" by the Mothers of Invention (almost totally different than what eventually came out)

------

Last week I went to an open mic in Cave Creek. I got there late and went on late but I still sold a few CDs so I'm going back there again tonight, but earlier. More people to freak out...

------

My friend Matt is on the mend, out of the hospital and trying to get his land legs back. Hooray!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?