<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

LOST VEGAS

I went to Las Vegas last weekend because my brother Dave finally ended 38 years of bachelorhood, and married his girlfriend Katrina there in the Excalibur.

The Excalibur, like all other buildings there with a chapel in it, has a nice racket going. You get about 20 minutes in the chapel before they move you and the guests out one door and load in the next wedding party.

We were up there for two nights. I didn't have any extra money to do something like go see a show so Janice and I did a lot of people watching.

THINGS I NOTICED ABOUT VEGAS:

1. Even though the place is a zoo, someone will catch your eye as you walk down the strip, and over the course of the evening you'll keep seeing that person. On Saturday evening I kept running into one particular guy with a Homer Simpson T-shirt on. Five, six times I saw this guy.

2. Regardless of the teeming amounts of people there, someone you know is there too, and you'll probably bump into them. (We just HAPPENED to take the tram to Mandalay Bay on Friday night just to see the hotel, and we saw a friend of Jan's. Turns out that somebody else from my office was in Vegas, too, but I didn't see her.)

3. The strip is too busy. There's literally too much to see.

4. There are no clearly marked signs indicating how to get from Phoenix to Vegas or vice versa. Which explains how I drove from Wickenburg to Quartzite before I realized I was nowhere near Las Vegas, and from Las Vegas to Primm, at the Nevada/California line, before I realized I had to drive back to Vegas and figure out what the hell I did wrong.

------

Shameless Plug Department:

Buy your tickets fast soon - they won't last long!! Buy Tickets


The July 26th show of Romantasy Cabaret welcomes back the fabulous LOLITA HAZE: The Nymphet Of Burlesque!!



For more information on Lolita you can find her at http://www.myspace.com/lolitahaze


Romantasy Cabaret is also tickled pink to the tips of our toes to welcome back the amazing and hawt HIGH PIMPSTRESS!



Other fan favorites such as the RAZOR SWALLOWING MOTHER FAKIR


and FUNNY MAN Tom Tuerff will also entertain you!




SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!



------

I opened a comedy showcase last night and got paid for it! I like those gigs...


TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?