<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 01, 2008

NOW, IF HE'D HAVE PICKED MICHAEL PALIN, I MIGHT HAVE VOTED FOR HIM

Okay, let's see if I got this straight: Johnny Mac goes ON AND ON about how Obama has no experience. Then he picks a woman running mate who has about as much experience in government as I DO, a woman who was born two days after the BEATLES showed up on the Sullivan Show, a woman who claims to be an ULTRACONSERVATIVE, but never mind that her unmarried 17 year-old daughter is pregnant and on and on and on...

This is gonna be SUCH a landslide...

------

Problem is I'm not sure if I like that. Obama says he's for change but he won't get specfic. As my wife points out, Hitler was for change too. And boy, did things change...

------

SONGS EVERYBODY SHOULD PUT ON THEIR IPOD:

"Rip This Joint" by the Rolling Stones. No, I have no f***ing idea what he's singing. That's not the point. You will boogie all over the house. This song will tempt you to drive poorly if you listen to it in your car. I love it!

"All Nite Long" by Ruben and the Jets. Not the Frank Zappa album, but the real band called RATJ.

"Gringo Honeymoon" by Robert Earl Keen. I wish I could write songs like this. But I can't, so I listen to guys who can.

"Banana Republics" by Steve Goodman. Ditto.

"Rats in My Room" by Leona Anderson. Because you gotta have something funny. And this goes beyond funny to just unbelievably bizarre. (And you're reading the words of a guy who has the album "An Evening with Wild Man Fischer" on his iPod.)

The first Santana album. The one with the lion on the cover.

------

Fall is coming, and with the coming of fall I am reminded of when I was living in Wisconsin as a kid. As you might imagine, a considerable amount of corn gets grown in Wisconsin -- not only the white and yellow stuff but the weird stuff that you don't really know what to do with it -- "Indian Corn," they call it -- the multicolor stuff.

But you can also get popcorn on the cob, and one year, I remember my dad brought home a whole freaking BOX of this stuff. We popped a few on the grill before it got too cold in the autumn, then the stuff sat in our garage through the winter. Oddly enough, it still popped fine the next year. That's durable popcorn, I guess.

Not sure why I'm writing about this but now I want some popcorn.

------

What exactly DO you do with Indian corn, anyway?

------

My friend Nancy Freeman got a tattoo the other day -- a black hawk. Not a Blackhawk, although a photorealistic representation of Bobby Hull or Stan Mikita WOULD have been really cool...

Or even the logo, like this guy got:




You can see Nancy's tattoo at http:nimuejohn.livejournal.com/

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?