<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 26, 2008

A POST-DEBATE OBSERVATION: HEY, JOHN McCAIN!

To paraphrase Robert Klein, get a bigger shovel next time.

Tonight's winner, by an easy margin, Obama.

McCain looked nervous and kept repeating himself. Obama looked confident and added to it by frequently looking directly into the camera to talk to the viewer. McCain didn't do that once.

------

ACTUAL E-MAIL I RECEIVED:

"Thank you for your application for the above mentioned posting. We appreciate
the time and effort you devoted in applying for this position.

The entire selection process takes at least 8 weeks. You may hear from us if
you are selected for an interview."

You mean, if you want to talk to me, you may NOT contact me? How will I know? I'm not clairvoyant. I can see you just sitting there, wondering, "where's Tuerff? We TOLD him that we MIGHT call. Or we might not. He should just know he's supposed to be here!"

------

I attended the open stage at Fiddler's Dream last night for the first time in a year and a half. It was good. I may do it again soon. I stopped going after I resigned from the Fidd's board after hosting it pretty much non-stop for eight years. It's bigger and more popular than ever, so that's good.

------

Before my friend Carrie (see previous posts below) took off for good to Maine, she stopped by the house. Knowing her botany background, I took her out to my mystery garden and asked her to identify some plants that were growing like crazy but I didn't know what they were.

"That's easy," she said, "eggplants."

I wasn't sure because no flowers were a-poppin' on these plants.

Until today.

It's eggplant. BIg ol' purple flowers.

Never doubt a botanist.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?