<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'M VOTING THE McFEELY TICKET

Just because Fred Rogers is gone doesn't mean the neighborhood's gone to pot. They have modern voting machines and a much better choice of candidates. Neighborhood of Make-Believe, indeed!




My question is, what kid of today is going to have the slightest idea who Mr. McFeely is? I wonder what show this ran on.

------

This Saturday I will be hosting the first open stage to be attempted at the Music Corner, a Fiddler's Dream - style music showcase at Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, 15th Avenue and Maryland. We will have a special featured act: Four Shillings Short! These two are an amazing act and you should come by to listen/play a set!

If I had to describe their music in one phrase, I couldn't. Maybe "Clannad meets Ravi Shankar."

I first met them about 6-8 years ago and became an immediate fan. They were nice enough to sing one of my songs in their shows for awhile ("I'm Posting the Ten Commandments"), and you won't find a more entertaining and spirited couple than Aodh Og (pronounced AY-ohg) and Christy.

Admission is the ever-popular "whatever you can afford."

Don't miss this! Really!

TT

Comments:
That video looks like it's aimed at technologically-challenged aging boomers who grew up with Mr. Rogers.

-Nan
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?