<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

IT'S LIKE THE FINAL FOUR, I TELL YA...

Ian Scott, a friend of my sons, has been passing this along (click to make it bigger)...




------

I attended a new open mic last night at the Codfather, a British fish and chips place. The starting time of 6:00, I thought, would not bring in too many people, but I was wrong. I got there near 7 and there were 15 or so people there to drink beer and eat fish.

Gavan Weiser ordered the large cod, which literally extends over the edges of the paper plate it's served on.
"That's quite a codpiece," he said.

------

This Saturday is the Prescott Folk Festival! Come be folky with me on Saturday at noon at the Sharlott Hall Museum! I'm in the main building exhibit hall, and this year, we all get half an hour instead of the 20 minutes they were doing before. Yippee!

------

My gigs are piling up for the winter. Check out my schedule at www.myspace.com/tomtuerffmusic

------

Back in April, I posted a photo of me and 29 of my ninth-grade classmates standing in front of the Capitol building in Washington, D.C. I encouraged anyone who was Googling themselves to let me know if they found the photo. A few weeks back, somebody did! Laura Hinkle, who was Laura Jenzake back then, and who, like me, was part of a HUGE clarinet section in our school band at the time, checked in and even let me know who one of the mystery people in the shot was. Thanks, Laura!
(If you're wondering what I looked like 35 years ago, click the April 2008 archives over there on the right.)

TT

Comments:
It IS like the final four. That bracket was the funniest thing I've seen all morning.
But it's early (5:15) -J.D.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?