<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 05, 2008

PRESCOTT -- EVEN WHEN IT RAINS, IT'S NICER THAN HERE

So yesterday I drove up to Prescott for the annual Folk Festival. I am somewhat convinced that I am the only attendee that ONLY goes there for a single day every year. But I get a lot of fun done.

Yesterday, when I wasn't performing, I spent a lot of time jamming with a group of people who included a friend of mine who likes to call himself Lobo (not Kent Lavoie, the "Lobo" of "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo"), and Travis/Atkins-style picker Gary Smith, and Steve Decker, and various other people.

Plus, I got to play my set with Nancy Freeman backing me up, which I always enjoy. We sound good together. Plus, she's been working out a lot, so she's looking really buff, which I'm sure made some people stop and say, "hey, check out that hot woman next to the ugly, screamin' guy!"

PLUS plus, I sold about 100 bucks in CDs and got copies of my CDs to the radio station that had a booth up. They assured me that SOMEBODY could probably play something. Good enough for me!

------

Today, I went to our dress rehearsal for:

Oct18thDigFlier

You really need to see this if you haven't been to one before. It's the last show of the year, and you KNOW you want to.

GET TICKETS NOW. Go to the website on the card there for more information.

------

I'm helping a guy write a book. That's all I can tell you right now. More when there's a book.

------

I'm helping another person write a book, too. Ditto.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?