<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 14, 2008

WHICH CAME FIRST -- THE CHICKEN OR THE EGGPLANT?

I don't know. And I don't care. All I DO know is that my garden finally started eliciting eggplants, and it's eatin' time.

As you can see below, I grew a type of eggplant called Rosa Bianca. Apparently this is the type used by most restaurants, and not the big purple ones you get in the store. They grow to about the size of your hand, as you can see here.



Another thing I like about them is they're purrrrty.

I've been waxing eloquent to my other gardening pals about these beauties and as it turns out, most of them don't like eggplant. To each their own, but I LOVE eggplant. You don't have to peel them, you don't have to seed them, you just have to cook them in something to give them some flavor. (They also oxidize in the air faster than apples, so their ultimate cooked appearance isn't exactly the kind of thing you look forward to, but hey, you're just gonna eat it anyway.)

I'm making chicken/eggplant parmesan tonight.

------

I've been playing a lot of open mics lately and I like it. It's how I practice. I have real trouble sitting at home playing for the dog. The fact that Brendan goes to school via computer and likes to log on at night gives me time to go out and play, so I'm taking advantage of it.

The Dubliner at 38th St. and Thunderbird has a great Sunday night open mic that I've been attending for the past few weeks. The talent is really good and the audience is pretty responsive.

Other open mics I've been known to inhabit recently are:

Tuseday nights at the Codfather, 16th st. and Bell;
The Cornerstone at Dysart and T-bird on Wednesdays;
Thursdays at the Final Round and It's a Grind in Tempe (not so much since the gas hikes, but maybe more often now that gas is getting cheaper)
And others as I find them.

My next actual gig is this coming Saturday the 20th at Club Mardi Gras, 80th St. and McDowell, as part of a comedy show. More later on this.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?