<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 30, 2009

THE NEGATIVES OF NEGATIVES

I have a scanner, and recently I decided that I would dig up some old photo negatives and scan them. They were kept in plastic sheaths for lo these many decades, so I thought they would be in perfect shape.

Wrong. Even "dustless" sleeves collect dust. It scratches negatives.

Case in point: Here's a photo of an old friend of mine. When I took this photo at a sci-fi convention in 19(CENSORED) she was only 17 years old. (My apologies that it loads sideways; I can't figure out how to flip it up.) Click on the photo to make it big and you can see what I'm talking about.



You can see the scratchies all over it. Fixable in Photoshop, I guess, but still.

Just a warning. If you have a copy of the photo, try scanning that first, then color-correcting it. It'll probably take less time.

------

And now, another photo from that same convention, just because I think the costume is a kick:



The thing I remember most about this convention was that is was held at the point when if you had a sci-fi convention, it was HUGE. In fact, every hotel room in this huge hotel was booked that weekend, mostly by the convention, which allowed for some rather odd things to go on -- namely, nude use of the jacuzzi and pool after dark, a live-action chase game that took place in the stairwells, and more booze than I've ever seen in one party room in my life.

At one point I found myself sitting nude in a jacuzzi with an albino woman.

Sorry, no pictures.

------

See my post from yesterday about what I'm doing tomorrow and SHOW UP!

-----

I am now booked for one-quarter of the entire month of February. Woo hoo!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?