<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 02, 2009

NEW YEAR'S OBSERVATIONS

If Jimmy ever really did crack corn, I would imagine SOMEBODY would care. Maybe not you, certainly not me -- who am I to keep a man from his corn cracking duties -- but SOMEBODY would have to have asked Jimmy to crack the corn in the first place. THAT guy would care.

------

And speaking of Stephen Foster, have you ever tried walking anywhere with a banjo on your knee? I have a banjo. I tried it once. Pain in the ass. And the knee.

------

If auld acquaintance really should be forgot, then wouldn't you just have to reintroduce yourself to everybody you know every New Year's Eve?

------

What do you think Eleanor Rigby died from? I think it was picking up all that damn rice.

------

I wonder if Shakespeare would still be revered if he had written a death scene where the soon to be deceased person raises his head one last time and says, "Later, dude."

------

I was watching some Honeymooners reruns on WGN on Christmas Eve and I came upon the realization that while they are funny, you couldn't get away with that kind of stuff on TV now, and to be honest, the Ralph Kramden character is extremely offensive these days. But Ed Norton? I'd live next to him any day.

------

I'll stick my neck out: Cards over Falcons tomorrow.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?