<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED RUINS IT FOR EVERYBODY

SI picked the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl this Sunday. Put Kurt Warner on the cover and everything.

Kiss of death. Steelers by 21. (I hope not, but I bet.)

------

Actual phone conversation:

Hello, Tom?

Yes?

Kim Moody (from Alwun House). Were you planning to play the Erotic Music and Poetry Festivus this year on February 20?

Why, yes, I was.

Good, because your name's on the flyer. You wanna come pick some up?

------

I have a new song up on my Myspace page! Go listen! Took me a whole 75 minutes to make!

http://www.myspace.com/tomtuerffmusic

------

The Thursday open mic at Gavilan Peak Sports Bar in New River is fast becoming my favorite open mic. Tonight, I'll be at Chantilly's, 7th Avenue and Union Hills, at nine.

------

This Saturday I will be the opening act for a fundraiser for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. It starts at 8 at Donna Jean's Libations, 67th Avenue and Bell. There's a small cover, but it's for charity so all of you show up.

I will also donate a portion of any CD sales to LLS. So bring friends with money.

------

After that, I'm going to a party.

------

Anybody know a good home insurance person? We need to buy new home insurance.

------

The Songwriter's Gathering at the Glendale Library last Saturday was a ball and a half. I attended a seminar on promotion there that told me that I am an absolute waste of time if I don't have a Twitter account. I had a Twitter account, but I hadn't even thought about it for six months. I'm twitting a little more often now.

-----

Word to Paul McCartney: GET A PRE-NUP THIS TIME.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?