<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 02, 2009

BEING FOR THE BENEFIT OF DONNA JEAN'S

Last Saturday night I played a benefit for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society at a bar called Donna Jean's Libations. I got the gig quite coincidentally a few weeks back listening to a woman (the aforementioned Donna Jean) talking on her cell phone. She said the magic words, "I have to find one more band..."

...and I volunteered.

There was a pretty good crowd and at least half of them listened to me. I sold a couple CDs and all in all had a good time. An old college buddy of mine, Brian Whitney, and his wife Sheri, came out to see my set, as did our friend Rachel from Romantasy Cabaret (which, by the way, makes its seasonal premier this 2/28 at Club Red, with me, Jan, Adam and all the scantily-clad people, circus freaks and musicians you expect in a burlesque show). Rachel's cousins were in the featured band, the Blue Rose Band. I couldn't stick around to hear them because I was due to play at yet ANOTHER party, so I went there.

------

And SPEAKING OF GIGS, this week I have four in a row!

FRIDAY: I'll be at the FIrehouse as part of a teaser for Romantasy Cabaret. It's at 1st street and Roosevelt, it's part of First Friday so it's FREE!
SATURDAY: Space 55, the people who brought you "Seven Minutes in Hell," and "Seven Minutes Under the Mistletoe," now bring you "Seven Minutes in Love!" Just in time for V-day! 10 acts, seven minutes each, seven bucks. 7th st. and Pierce.
SUNDAY: (At least they didn't have to worry about spelling my name right...)



MONDAY: A new monthly open stage at Cookies From Home on University in Tempe! I've been asked to come out and play so I'm going.

Get all the important info stuff at www.myspace.com/tomtuerffmusic

------

And for those of you who want to go to Romantasy Cabaret, here's the info on that. Like always, BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW. DO NOT WAIT TO BUY THEM AT THE DOOR, AS THERE PROBABLY WON'T BE ANY LEFT.

We always sell out!



------

It was nice to see the Cards at least come back and make a game out of it yesterday. No way this game comes close to being as good as last year's NE vs. NY nail-biter.

Oh, and the commercials this year? Un. Im. Pressive. I liked the Conan O'Brien Bud Ad and the Careerbuilder.com ad.

I thought the SOBE ad was stupid. But then, I didn't like the dancing lizards last year, either.

I will say this: Due to the game's close proximity to dinner time, I managed to watch the whole game without eating any junk food!

We had chicken curry for dinner. It was good.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?