<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 21, 2009

THE EMPEROR WAS NAKED; NOW HE'S GONE SO IT'S OUR TURN

Last night's Erotic Music and Poetry Festivus at Alwun House was an absolute hoot. Good crowd; maybe 125 people, which for this particular event is fantastic.

I mentioned last week that Alwun's annual Exotic (read Erotic) Art Opening bash was pretty well attended; boy, was it! One of the volunteers last night told me that they had over 300 pre-sold tickets, and the folks just kept on coming. That was obvious from where Janice and I were sitting. We happened to get there before anybody else so we were first in the door. A friend of ours in the show that night had (to our happy surprise) reserved a table at the front of the stage so we sat there. And then we didn't MOVE for three hours because it was Sardineville.

Didn't matter because the entertainment was something else entirely.

There's always nudity at the Alwun openings; that's a given. But this year there was a LOT of it. And it was COLD out. I think I can explain the sudden increase in people attending and people stripping in front of strangers to one thing:

The Regime is over. The conservatives are gone, a new president is in, and even though nobody's working, everybody still wants to party.

I've been going through the pics and video I shot last week trying to find "safe" stuff to put here. I know I can put nudity on this site but I'm not going to do that to somebody I don't know.

However, a burlesque group called Provocatease did a very funny (albeit very long) dramatization of the Seven Deadly Sins. I believe this one was "Greed"...



And of course, Gluttony (the bra was edible; I know because she fed me some of it). There just aren't enough tap-dancing cake girls, if you ask me.



------

Which brings me to my NEXT gig, which you WILL attend if you live in the Valley and you're not already booked next Saturday (you are NOT allowed to form a band and get a gig to avoid this):

022809FlyerPinkPurple

It's the biggest, best, and most amazing RC show yet! I sing, I act, and best of all I DON'T TAKE MY CLOTHES OFF!

I can't speak for the rest of the cast...well, I don't think you wanna see Jimmy Pines naked, anyway...but you DO want to hear him play!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW AT www.brownpapertickets.com and I will see you this Saturday, your smiling face, your jaw agape, especially in act three when the girlies girlie, and when I can guarantee you that the first bit is going to surprise the hell out of a bunch of people (I'm not in it, but I co-wrote it. That's all I'll say.)

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?