<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 05, 2009

YEAH, BUT IT'S $100,000 AUSTRALIAN.

My friend Chris Tenaglia turned me on to this:

http://www.islandreefjob.com/

If any of you decide to apply for it, I'm applying to be your man Friday.

------

And speaking of Chris, he says he couldn't help himself. He took the photo I posted a couple days ago of my friend in the Morticia Addams costume and retouched it:



Got rid of all the scratches and everything! Thanks, Chris!

------

Speaking of finding old negatives and scanning them, I dug up some shots from a 1979 Hoyt Axton concert at NAU. Here's a few...






------

And here's John Dillon of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, circa December 1977:



------

I recently had to get new home insurance (long story -- PVC pipe is NOT your friend) and I discovered something: Those companies that spend a lot of money on TV are making you pay for it.

I knew I was gonna have to pay more a year for my insurance (PVC pipe is NOT your friend), but take a look at the difference:

What I was paying annually at my current place: $562

What the Gecko at GEICO wanted (and this was the lowest from the "many companies we work with": $2,872

What Flo and the folks at Progressive wanted: $2,080

What the nice lady at the Allstate near my house got for me: $1,100. Less than twice what I was paying. I went with that.

Allstate doesn't spend near the amount of money on TV that the other two do. That's gotta be part of it.

------

If anybody wants to come over and give me a really nice massage, I won't stop you.

TT

Comments:
I'd do it, but the commute would cost me a year of your insurance. You're within walking distance of Wind, why don't you two get together?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?