<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 20, 2009

FINALLY -- A BLOG THAT TRULY MEANS SOMETHING

As you have probably figured out by now, I really like music. No, I LOVE music. And the weirder it is, the bigger a place in my heart there is for it.

Which is why I feel compelled to share with you a blog that I have just recently discovered: IllFolks.

http://illfolks.blogspot.com/

This fine blogger finds, uploads and shares with you the stranger, more bizarre and often pointless recordings that exist in this world, and it is truly fascinating.

I advise you go there next. Where else are you going to hear (and even download -- I just downloaded an entire folder with almost 20 songs about bananas!) "Wooly Bully" and "Georgy GIrl" sung in German? Or a totally pointless cover, sung in FRENCH, of "You Know My Name, Look Up The Number," originally by the Beatles? If you thought it was bad in English, wait till you hear it in FRENCH!

Oh, and speaking of Beatles, did you know that John Lennon's dad, Freddie, recorded a single? I didn't either until I found it here. And if you ever wondered what became of Groucho Marx's youngest daughter, Melinda, you'll figure out pretty quick that she DIDN'T become a singing star.

I have just begun to plumb the depths of this site and have miles to go before I sleep. Check it out...

------

Tonight: Bhakti Gardens! 321 N. 12th Street! FREE! 7:30! I'm the musical entertainment! There will also be dance groups and art and other musicians, I hope!

Tomorrow! The Glendale Folk Festival! YAAAAY! I'll be at the Fiddler's Dream booth when I'm not playing somewhere, as described on the schedule!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?