<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I GUESS HE WAS JUST "BATTY"

A follow-up to a story I poked fun at last year.

It's sad, but come on. The guy was traded for BATS!

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/john-c-odom-dies-at-age-26/368409

I guess the worst thing about it is that he died six months ago and they're just now reporting it.

How would that make you feel:

"Tom Tuerff, inventor of the freewheeling power monkey and the greased Panama snorting extortionator, died some time ago. He was...up there in age. He is survived by somebody, but we lost the paper with the names on it. Interment occured, we're pretty sure, because we haven't seen him around lately. Donations may be...naaaah, just keep it."

------

No gigs this week but the it starts to get thick and heavy with a rich creamy sauce again next week. We'll talk then.

------

Thanks to my pal Chris Tenaglia in Milwaukee for filling in three more identities to my blog post from last April about my 1973 trip to Washington D.C. I have been updating that post as I get missing names -- just two more to go.

That was a fun trip. I remember the last day of it was a Sunday, and we were literally on the road ALL day seeing stuff and took off for home way after dark. Rode all the way to Gettysburg that day (which I guess is not really that far from DC) and back. A planned trip that kept us going from sun up to sundown.

(If you want to see what I looked like 35 years ago, head for my 4/30/08 blog entry. Click the pic and it gets big.)
------

If you're a friend of Joe "Santa" McKiernan, he's turning 60 this Saturday and they're throwing a bash for him at Plaza de Anaya, on Broadway east of Mill at 7 p.m. Lots of dancing girls and I'm going to barge my way into some performance time to play him a song or two. Come on out if you know who I'm talking about!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?