<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 02, 2009

RAVES AND RANTS

If you live here in town and you didn't come out to see Romantasy Cabaret last Saturday night, boy are you sorry. Trust me. Easily the most fun show we've put on yet. This year's shows have a 1920s theme and everybody did their best to make it look that way. Flappers. Classy burlesque strippers. Old songs from me and the AMAZING Jimmy Pines and Bunny. A live action silent movie! And my son, the good sport! That's all I'll say about that...

------

I will say one other thing about the show, and I am repeating something my wife said: When God or whoever was sitting around working on the model for what a woman should look like, it looked exactly like the woman in our show who uses the name "The High Pimpstress." Simple perfection from the top down. Grrrrrrrrr. Suffice to say Brazil knows how to make females.

------

I had a very good job interview today. Which figures since I live in north Phoenix and the job is in east Bumfuck. I've been answering every marketing ad for a position at PetSmart, which is walking distance from my house and they don't even send out a "thanks but no thanks" letter.

------

My Zappa Universe show yesterday featured a not-heard-since-it-aired 1974 interview with FZ himself. My e-mail hasn't stopped since the show ended. YES!

------

Now for a good rant:

Who determined that gossip magazines and gossip TV had any right to try someone before the justice system?

I'm getting pretty tired of gossip rags and assholes like Nancy Grace putting suspects on trial long before they ever go to court.

Case(s) in point: Whenever a mom is suspected of killing their kid -- especially if it's a cute little girl, the rags accuse, try and convict the most likely suspect long before the actual trial takes place.

Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty? I don't care if somebody goes on live television and chops up their entire family. In this country, until they've gone to court and a jury has said, "that's you on the tape, lady" that person should not be judged outside of the courtroom. Even Jack Ruby pleaded innocent.

I find it sick that the tabs make "dead celebrities" out of these kids. It's disgusting. And trying their suspect parents outside of a courtroom is even worse. It is NEVER right. All of you just stop it.

------

Strangely enough I do not have a gig this week. This will change in a week.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?