<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 05, 2009

AMIDST ALL THE SHIT, SOMETIMES THINGS ARE JUST RIGHT IN THIS WORLD.

Exhibit A, last night in New York City:



------

Exhibit B: Keeping with this theme, last night Jan and I attended the long-awaited nuptials of one Tom McClure and Melissa Billings, two old friends who had been putting off that ol' marriage thing for over 15 years (when you KNEW it was just a matter of time), and finally did the deed.

I can't remember the last time I saw so many people with such big smiles on their faces. Melissa is one big walking smile anyway, and she was smiling so much last night I would imagine when she woke up this morning, her face hurt.

Congratulations, you two.

------

Had dinner Friday night with most of the local Tuerff family (brother Pat had to work, unfortunately) and my Uncle Jim and Aunt Julie, who were visiting from Nashville. They are two of the most instantly likeable people on the planet; high school sweethearts who just knew they were gonna get married, and did after college. Jim is the last surviving Tuerff brother from my dad's generation. He was a "Catholic surprise," if you know what I mean, coming along when his siblings were 17 and 15 or so.
He's just attending his 50th high school reunion this year, to give you an idea.

Jim missed his calling as a stand-up comedian. You can tell he's a great public speaker because he has fine comedic timing.
Just amazing.

------

Today, we're off to rehearsal for our NEXT EXCITING ROMANTASY CABARET!

April25SepiaHiRes

I always say this, but it's true: If you haven't seen this, DO. You'll have fun. You'll be amazed that a bunch of amateurs can put on a show this cool. It is worth every penny. And a few more.

------

Just got word I'm on the docket for the Flagstaff Folk Festival the last weekend in June. When I know exact times I'll let you know!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?