<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

HAPPY "D'OH!" DAY!

I managed to get through the day without being April fooled. But such has not always been the case.

Two years ago, allaboutjazz.com published this article.

In my defense, I was not the only person taken by this article. I only found out it was phony last summer, when somebody on a newsgroup recommended that I look at it again, "very closely."

It is VERY well done. The year after that, they did the "Paul Desmond Vocal Album." Yeah, I know, you have no idea why that's funny. Just trust me, it is.

This year, they announced the sale of "All About Jazz" to Smuckers, with a name change to "All About Jams."

------

Does anybody have a khaki colored trenchcoat or raincoat I can borrow? Swear to God. I need it quickly. Let me know.

------

If you are accustomed to reaching me at ttuerff@qwest.net, that address has changed to the more simple ttuerff@q.com. Please make a note!

------

Oh yeah -- I am once again gainfully employed. Life goes on.

------

If commercials are going to continue to use really good songs, then they need to start identifying the songs on the commercial. Your king has spoken. Make it so.

TT

Comments:
Congratulations on getting a job. What are you doing?
 
I'm part of a new division of an internet link company that writes and designs "landing pages," if you know what that means. I didn't but now I do. They wanted somebody with a marketing background who didn't speak computer, and boy was I the right guy for that.
 
I have a tan duster that's probably too small for you. Also a black trenchcoat that's a bit big on me and you might be able to wear if you're not too concerned with buttoning it.
 
Thanks, but yeah, it has to close around me.

TT
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?