<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 17, 2009

LINKS AND GENERALITIES FOR SUNDAY

I haven't been on for a while so I figured I'd remedy that.

First of all, GIGS:

Wednesday, 7-8 p.m.
Vintage Bar at Fourth and Mill, upstairs, Tempe. SHOW UP!


Saturday, 10 p.m.
Darwins, 36th and Indian School next to Mama Java's. SHOW UP!
My sons' band, Thunderstump, is headlining and I'm opening for them!


------

It's f***ing hot out. Wanna know how I know?

Click here.

------

Last night I was seeking out great TV performances on YouTube from my youth. Below are a few. (I may have posted one or two of these before but they're worth posting again.

First off: Stevie Wonder and band, 1972, LIVE on Sesame Street. Yes, Sesame Street. (This is maybe the best live version of this song I've run across. They just kick it.)




And here's Focus on the Midnight Special, circa 1973...



From the long-lamented "Night Music" Program, a performance YOU SIMPLY MUST SEE:

Leonard Cohen sings his very eerie "Who By Fire" backed by Was Not Was and special sax accompaniment by Sonny Rollins. I guarantee you that when this song finishes you will discover that you've been holding your breath for a while. You can almost hear the audience exhaling. This is one of the most amazing performances ever televised.



Same program, different night: Todd Rundgren and Taj Mahal perform Gilbert and Sullivan. You might hold your breath here too but for an entirely different reason. (This is FUNNY stuff.)



Enjoy!

TT

Comments:
Leonard. Freaking. Cohen. He's touring again; I can only hope for a NW visit.
 
We had frost this morning.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?