<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 19, 2009

NOTE TO CONSPIRACY THEORISTS WHO SAY WE NEVER WALKED ON THE MOON:



Get over it, assholes.

Need more? GO to the NASA site. My favorite is Apollo 14. You can see all kinds of stuff.

40 years ago, I was 10. Tomorrow, the 20th, was a Sunday and I, like billions of other people around the world, stopped whatever I was doing and watched the moon landing. More important, I watched the reaction of the faces of my parents, who were suddenly watching the science fiction of their youths coming true. I remember my mom saying, "This is really happening!" in a wonderful tone of believing disbelief.

I watched the men walk on the moon, and then I went out and rode my bike, taking more than a couple of stops to look up at the moon and realize, shit, there's two guys up there!

Never mind that all we really got out of the Apollo project was the definite determination that the moon is a giant rock. We should go back. Just because we can.

And before Richard Branson gets there first.

------

We are in the middle of summer, for sure; a time when you can water the garden every day and the plants still shrivel up and die. But I persevere.

------

We recently made the switch from Mac to PC. I went kicking and screaming and I feel like I've lost a testicle but at least the thing works, which my Mac wasn't.

------
I am almost totally devoid of gigs at the moment. And I haven't played an open mic in almost a month. I really need to get out more.

------

Gordon Waller died yesterday. So in his honor, let's all sing!



------

I really like Facebook. I've found so many people from my past and it's fun to catch up. You all have really interesting jobs...

TT

Comments:
hehehe... maybe if you wore red rather than white (which blends well with gray being the moon's color)... it would be a stronger proof of being there... :)

it was nice to find your blog. :)
 
Let's see. You're 51. The moon landing was 40 years ago. You were 10 at the time. Sure, no conspiracy at all, hah. You have some explaining to do to persuade me it wasn't done in a TV studio in Burbank by the Trilateral Commission on contract from the Masons to cover up all those gunmen in Dallas who faked the Holocaust. One day Elvis will tell his side of the story.

Andy Kaufman too.
 
We got so much more than just moon rocks. We got VELCRO.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?