<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 30, 2009

FORTUNATELY I'M TOO PROUD TO BE JEALOUS

My kids have a band. I've mentioned that.

They're really good. I've mentioned that, too.

They're playing this FRIDAY the 3rd at Donna Jean's Libations, 67th Avenue and Bell at 9 p.m. $3.00 admission. They're first, followed by the Hung Dynasty (maybe the best name for a rock band EVER) and Tell Me About the Rabbits, maybe the WEIRDEST name for a rock band ever.

But here's the cool thing. The guys have played like, five gigs or so and they're already having to TURN DOWN GIGS because they're booked already.

I can't remember the last time I had to do that.

I don't know if I've EVER had to do that.

Please come out this Friday and check them out. They're REALLY REALLY good and funny.

------

Okay, I've seen three amazing videos this week:

Number 1: A friend of mine called this maybe the best thing he's ever seen. I won't go that far but it's definitely up there on my list of "must sees..."



Then there's the new one by Weird Al Yankovic and Jib Jab, which I'm not allowed to embed so you have to click here:

And then...there's this.

I dunno...I certainly would've watched it on Saturday Mornings in the 60s...



------

The place where I work is currently looking for a front desk person. You need to be fluently bilingual. (English/Spanish.) If you're interested and you don't mind driving to freakin' GILBERT every day, let me know.

------

Went to a party last night hosted by a local group of fans called the Dark Ones. It was a lot of fun with a lot of free food and it's amazing how often the "small world" syndrome kicked in last night...

TT

Comments:
Hey there, Tom. I'm glad you like our band's name. If you're at tonight's show, be sure to introduce yourself.
 
If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend Total Eclipse of the Heart: Literal Video Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

Basically, they took the Bonnie Tyler video, redid the lyrics so they state what's going on in the song and recorded new vocals, parodying the original. There's lots of Literal Videos out there, but this is probably the best one.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?